A piña colada is a classic summer drink, but the beverage is often a major calorie bomb due to using both sugar and pre-made mixes. This take on your favorite blended summer drink reduces the calories and sugar, while helping to pack some nutritional punch and great taste. (See more ideas for how to enjoy boozy beverages during the summertime, without packing on the calories.)
This lower-calorie piña colada drink is also a good source of healthy vitamin C, which is both an antioxidant and also a nutrient that helps to promote skin and immune health, and coconut, a great source of healthy and satisfying fat.
Top this drink off with your favorite garnish and enjoy!
- ½ cup pineapple (fresh or frozen)
- 5-6 strawberries
- 3-4 Tbsp coconut shreds or coconut meat
- 8-10 oz unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup ice
- (optional) 1-2 oz white rum or liquor of your choice
- Wash and prepare ingredients.
- Add ingredients to blender and blend on high for 1-2 minutes or until well mixed.
- Serve in your favorite glass with your favorite garnish and enjoy!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Total time: 5 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.