Pomelo grapefruit, also named the shaddock or Chinese grapefruit, is a variety of grapefruit that is not often seen available in Australia. I love my citrus all year round so I had to juice this one. They have a thick pith which contains bioflavonoids which improve the absorption and utilisation of vitamin C, so make sure you include this in your juice. These tend to be less bitter and have a sweeter taste than the regular varieties. If this grapefruit is not available then simply substitute this with a regular grapefruit.
This is a great warming juice for the cooler climates due to the addition of the ginger and turmeric in this juice, you can also add some chili pepper if you want to fire it up any further. It’s another great winter and summer juice for immunity and inflammation.
- 1 pomelo grapefruit
- 1 beet (beetroot)
- 2 carrots
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 lemon
- 1 in (2.5 cm) piece of ginger
- 1 in (2.5 cm) piece of turmeric
- Wash all produce well.
- Peel the beet. Option to also peel the lemon and grapefruit but I always leave it on.
- Juice all ingredients and enjoy!
- Pomelo grapefruit – regular grapefruit, lemon, lime, orange, mandarin
- Beet – golden beets, sweet potato
- Carrot – sweet potato, pumpkin
- Celery – celery root, zucchini
- Ginger – mint
- Turmeric – ginger, chili pepper
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.