I’ve honestly never been much of a salad person. And if I am, it’s mostly when eating out — because there’s just something about a salad at a restaurant that seems so much better than the one I’d make at home. That is, until now. What’s the secret to great salads at home?
1.) A variety of awesome toppings
2.) A stellar homemade dressing
With those 2 things, you will be eating a lot more greens. I promise. And both are easy to achieve!
I don’t know why, but I always found even the thought of making a homemade dressing daunting. When there’s an entire grocery aisle dedicated to salad dressing, why would I need to make my own?! But I was so wrong.
This dressing is so good you will be licking the salad bowl, no joke…and dipping every last veggie you can find, into its creamy goodness.
- 1⁄2 cup (115 g) chickpeas
- 1⁄4 cup (60 ml) sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (or sub Bragg’s liquid aminos)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 tbsp minced garlic* Makes 3/4 cup of dressing — enough for 2 – 4 salads.
1. Combine chickpeas and sesame oil.
2. Use an immersion stick blender or food processor to puree the chickpeas & oil.
3. Add remaining ingredients and stir thoroughly.
4. Serve over your favorite salad!
5. Lick the bowl (optional).
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Servings: 2 - 3
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat2g
- Protein 2g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on product size and juicer used.