Pesto is such a delicious and easy recipe to whip up for all sorts of occasions. It’s a great compliment to many dishes including fish, chicken, salads, pasta and can also be used as a dip. This versatile dish can easily be stored for later use in the fridge or in the freezer.
- ½ cup of pitted green olives
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 large handful of baby spinach and/or baby kale leaves
- ¼ cup of fresh basil
- ½ cup of almonds
- 6 tbsp of olive oil
- ¼ tsp of nutritional yeast (optional)
- ¼ cup of chopped pitted black olives
- Salt and cracked pepper to taste
- 2 large zucchinis, spiralized or a healthy wholegrain pasta
- In a blender or food processor, process the green pitted olives, garlic, baby spinach/kale leaves, basil, almonds and nutritional yeast and blend to form a lumpy consistency, then add the olive oil slowly while it is still mixing until well combined.
- Stir in the black olives and extra salt and pepper if needed. You can thin it down if desired with 2-4 tablespoons of water.
- Heat this up in a fry pan or saucepan with the zucchini and serve immediately or store the pesto for later use or enjoy as a dip with vegetables sticks.
Almonds — pine nuts, cashews, pistachios
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Servings: 2-4 servings
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.