Start your day with these waffles, which are a delicious change from regular waffles that often include refined grain flours and sugar. Cassava flour is made from yuca root, a tuber similar to yam, plantain and potato, and then dried and ground into a flour. This naturally gluten-free flour offers a mild flavor and can be used interchangeably in recipes with wheat flour. Cassava flour is high in fiber, folate, manganese, potassium, magnesium and vitamin C. These waffles are a fun and delicious way to enjoy a breakfast favorite with a new ingredient.
- 1 ¼ cup of Cassava Flour
- ¼ cup of tapioca flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup of coconut oil or avocado oil
- 2-3 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 3 eggs
- Place all the dry ingredients into a bowl and mix well, then mix the wet ingredients in another bowl and mix well, then combine the wet and dry ingredients until a smooth batter forms.
- Heat the waffle iron to a medium heat, brush coconut oil on the waffle iron and cook the waffles according to the instructions until you have used all your waffle batter.
- Serve with sliced fruit, chopped nuts and a little extra maple syrup or honey.
Cassava flour – almond flour, oat flour
Tapioca flour – potato starch, arrowroot flour, coconut flour (reduce by half)
Maple syrup – honey
Coconut oil – avocado oil, macadamia oil
Coconut milk – almond milk, cashew milk
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.