Get In The Mood With These Healthy Foods

Libido Boosting Foods
By: Jamie Webber

Whether you call yourself a Valentine’s Day lover or a hater, we all have one thing in common which seems to be the theme of Cupid’s holiday; we want a healthy libido. When it’s not feeling up to par and we’re lacking that ‘drive’, there’s one thing that we may want to look at first. And that’s our diet. Of course, this is part self-explanatory because after a burger, french fries and a milkshake, it’s not likely that a dance between the sheets is on our wishlist. But aside from eating healthier on date night, there are specific foods that can actually boost your libido. No matter how you’re celebrating this weekend, Reboot Nutritionist, Isabel Smith shared these libido-boosting foods we should all be adding to our grocery cart.


There’s a reason chocolate is the go-to gift on Valentine’s Day! It contains anandamide and phenylethylamine that boost serotonin, the feel good hormone. When you feel good, so does your libido.


You’ve probably heard this one before. The reason oysters are known for their aphrodisiac-properties is because of their high levels of zinc. Zinc is known to boost semen production and regulate sexual hormones. If you’re a vegetarian or not a fan of oysters, just load up on dark leafy greens like spinach and kale for a zinc-boost.


This one may seem funny since it’s known to make your pee smell, but yes, it can boost the libido too! Asparagus contains vitamin E which is involved in stimulating production of sex hormones.

Spicy Foods

Spicy foods really can spice it up. Foods and spices like chilli peppers and cayenne help to warm you up and get blood pumping to stimulate nerve endings to increase flow.


While watermelon is about 90% water, the remaining 10% contains nutrients that help boost sexual health including citrulline which relaxes blood vessels in a similar way to Viagra.


Who knew eating celery could be so attractive? Celery contains photo-androgens that are similar to testosterone and can increase pheromone levels in men’s sweat, hence making them more sexually desirable to women.


For as bitter as arugula can taste, it can make things sweet in the bedroom! Arugula contains minerals and antioxidants that may inhibit the introduction of potentially libido-reducing contaminants into your system — making them essential for the health of your reproductive organs.

Wheat Germ

Wheat germ can help you relax. It contains nitric oxide that relaxes blood vessels and can increase flow to certain parts of the body.


Almonds are a healthy snack for so many reasons, but when it comes to your libido, they contain vitamin E that can help to stimulate production of sex hormones.

Who’s hungry?

Tags: , ,

Jamie Webber

Jamie is the Editorial Content Manager at Reboot. As a Certified Holistic Health Coach, she is passionate about a healthy lifestyle and encouraging others to live happy and healthy by consuming more fruits and vegetables. She was one of the first members to join the Reboot community and has been juicing ever since. Jamie uses her juicer and blender everyday and loves experimenting with new recipes, especially guilt-free sweets to fulfill her sweet tooth. Follow her on twitter @JamiesHealthTip.

More posts from