Okay, this is a favourite dessert among many so why not make a healthy version of this as a smoothie?! This smoothie has the benefits of the fabulous greens such as the spinach, kale and avocado that is combined with the yummy antioxidant rich strawberries and cacao. What a great way to enjoy a treat.
- 1 cup/250 ml almond milk
- 1 handful of green leaves (kale, spinach and/or swiss chard)
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 cup/110 g strawberries
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 handful of ice
- Dash of natural vanilla (optional)
1. Wash greens and strawberries.
2. Add all the ingredients into the blender.
3. Blend on high for 45 – 60 seconds, until smooth.
- Avocado – banana
- Strawberries – cherries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries
- Almond milk – coconut water or milk, rice milk or any other preferred non-dairy milk
- Maple syrup – honey, dates, rice malt
- Nutrition per serving:
- Fat17 g
- Saturated Fat4.5 g
- Cholesterol0 mg
- Sodium240 mg
- Carbohydrates49 g
- Fiber15 g
- Sugars19 g
- Protein 13 g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.