I love to mix up my morning smoothie routine. This recipe is a new, tasty addition to my list of quick and easy, nutrient-packed smoothies. It’s packed with popular super foods like coconut, cacao, and goji berries, and it’s also an excellent source of antioxidant vitamin C, thanks to the mango.
Not only is it delicious and loaded with super foods, but it’s a balanced meal in a glass. It contains fruit, a vegetable, healthy fat, antioxidants, and a little bit of protein, which make it a great addition or replacement for your breakfast, as a snack or at any other time of day.
To mix it up, try changing the milk to a creamier variety such as oat or hemp, try adding different greens, or even try a different base fruit such as berries or peaches. Mixing up your recipes is so important because it allows your body the opportunity to get new and different nutrients – it’s also fun. Yu never know what kind of tasty combos you may come up with!
Enjoy this smoothie fresh out of the blender or stored in a glass or BPA-free plastic container in the fridge. It’s always best to drink your smoothies and juices as quickly as possible as over time nutrient value can be lost.
- 1/2 mango, pit and rind removed
- 1 large handful of spinach
- 2 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 cup (250 ml) unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tbsp goji berries for garnish
- 1 handful of ice, optional
1. Wash all ingredients well.
2. Remove rind and pit from mango.
3. Add all ingredients into blender, except goji berries, and blend on high for 45 – 60 seconds until smooth.
4. Add goji berries to the smoothie just before serving.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat8g
- Protein 7g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.