I love a tasty and refreshing summer salad. This salad is both satisfying and also loaded with hydrating and energizing summer produce like avocados and grapefruit. Avocado is a source of healthy, anti-inflammatory fat that can also help to promote balanced blood sugar, while the grapefruit is hydrating, packed with immune-boosting vitamin C (great for warding off those summer colds), and is also a cooling food, making it great for these hot summer days.
- 1-2 handfuls arugula
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and sliced
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash all produce well.
- Arrange salad ingredients in a salad dish or plate (as pictured).
- In a small bowl mix together salad dressing ingredients and drizzle the dressing over the salad.
- Serve and enjoy!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat2.5g
- Protein 4g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.