Blood pressure is the measurement of force applied against your artery walls. When it stays high for a long period of time it can increase your risk of heart disease and stroke. High blood pressure is often referred to as the “silent killer,” because many people don’t know they have it.
Foods/Choices to Include:
- Fruits, vegetables: Bananas, blueberries, cranberries, pomegranate, watermelon, tomatoes, beets, carrots, bell peppers, beets, celery, celery juice, onions, garlic
- Antioxidant-rich super foods: dark chocolate, green tea (matcha)
- Magnesium-rich foods: Dark leafy greens, maple water, nuts and seeds
- Fresh or dried herbs: Chili, cinnamon, dill, parsley
- Dark green leafy vegetables: Kale, Swiss chard, collards, spinach
- Omega-3 rich foods: Chia/ground flaxseeds, walnuts, wild salmon
- Coconut water is also a rich source of potassium that can help to balance blood pressure
Foods/Choices to Avoid:
- High sodium foods (more than 250 mg per serving)
- Processed foods
- High fat foods
- High sugar foods that can lead to obesity
- Excessive alcohol intake
More on High Blood Pressure
Get first hand accounts of real people who improved their health through juicing and eating more fruits and vegetables.
Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot.