Dan Kluger shares simple tips for how to approach your next visit to the farmers’ market. Next time you go, make sure to remember:
- Create a relationship with your farmer.
- Have a conversation that goes beyond asking if their produce is organic.
- Let the farmer share their story.
- You’ll learn more from the farmer and how they grow their produce if you first let them talk.
- If it’s not organic, don’t go running right away. Maybe they are not certified but they don’t use any pesticides.
- If they have produce that’s not in season, then it’s fair to run!
- Ask them where they grow their food.
- Once you’ve built trust with your farmer, you know you can always rely on the freshest foods possible.