Juice & Exercise
Juices are extremely beneficial to any fitness program to help enhance your workouts by helping you stay hydrated and providing important nutrients to support exercise, muscle development and strength, and add nutrients that help reduce inflammation and oxidation caused by different forms of exercise.
Juices provide an abundance of nutrients that support any fitness routine:
- Electrolytes, which are highly abundant in many potassium rich juices with orange colored fruits and veggies like cantaloupe, sweet potato, carrots juices, help support your fitness and limit muscle cramps, fatigue and headaches.
- Magnesium, found in green veggie juices with Swiss chard, kale and spinach helps prevent muscle cramping.
- Vitamin C rich juices juices like those with oranges, kiwi fruit, broccoli, spinach, etc. help boost your immune system to keep you strong and healthy to complete workouts.
- Green juices offer the highest amount of protein: up to 5 grams for each 16 oz. juice. If you’re seeking more protein, chia seeds, pea protein powder, and hemp protein powder can be added to any juice!
Another bonus is fresh juice doesn’t have added processed or artificial ingredients like colors or sweeteners making it a better choice compared to many commercial sports or energy drinks. Juicing can also promote weight loss. Achieving and maintaining a healthy weight can help you feel better while exercising and also make exercise safer and more efficient at getting the results you want.
Here are some important guidelines to optimize the benefits of both juicing and physical activity during and after you Reboot.
- On a Reboot? Drink 4-6 juices per day that are 16-20 oz. (480-600mL) each. Not on a Reboot? Supercharge your energy with at least one 16 oz. juice every day.
- Drink at least 64 oz. (2L) of water per day. Increase this amount if you are heavier or more active. You may feel best drinking 80+ ounces per day.
- Include coconut water for electrolytes to support your fitness and limit muscle cramps, fatigue and headache.
- Include beets in your juice. Beets have been shown to help improve oxygenation in the blood and are often used by athletes to boost performance. Here’s a tasty recipe perfect for pre-, during or post-workouts.