A Green Juice for Weight Loss
By Claire Georgiou, Reboot Naturopath, B.HSc ND
Fruits and vegetables offer an amazing long list of health benefits due to their amazing phytonutrient content. Many juice recipes help improve specific health ailments, like the juice for joint pain, one for type 2 diabetes, and one that’s thyroid-friendly! When it comes to weight loss, this is a blend that certainly supports your goals to shed a few pounds.
This recipe is also featured in the recipe book 101 Juice Recipes and mobile app. It contains plenty of other favorites too, plus includes what juices are beneficial to what health conditions.
Here are the nutrient-dense fruits, veggies and herbs that make this juice ideal for weight loss.
- Pineapple for its anti-inflammatory benefits and sleep enhancing benefits (which supports weight loss) while also offering a slight sweetness
- Kale and lettuce for its amazing mineral and chlorophyll content for energy and plant protein
- Ginger and chilli for its metabolic stimulating and blood sugar stabilizing effects
- Parsley and celery for its mineral content, alkalising effects along with its fluid retention reducing effects
- Turmeric for the anti-inflammatory and liver detoxification support
- Lemon improves insulin sensitivity thus blood sugar balance and liver support.