Who doesn’t love a tasty bowl of noodles? Well, a bowl of noodles just got a whole lot healthier with this dish of “zoodles” (zucchini noodles). They’re made using a spiralizer (inexpensive and easy to find), but you can also make them by cutting zucchini into small, thin and noodle-shaped slices.
Zucchinis are a type of squash that are low in calories (33 calories per 1 medium-sized zucchini) and a good source of vitamins A and C. Zucchini is also a good source of potassium, which can act as an electrolyte in the body.
This recipe is particularly delicious due to the addition of various herbs and lemon that add a zesty flavor. Try mixing up this recipe by adding some of your favorite spices and classic pasta-sauces.
- 5 medium zucchinis (courgette)
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-2 tsp each fresh or dried basil, oregano, or other herbs you prefer
- juice of 2 lemons
- Prepare zucchini noodles by adding through spiralizer (or by cutting them into small, thin and noodle-like pieces with a sharp knife).
- Warm sauté pan over medium heat and add olive oil; let the pan get warm for 2-3 minutes.
- When the pan is warm add zucchini noodles, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and other herbs or spices; stir the mixture every 3-4 minutes.
- Continue to cook zucchini noodles for 10-15 minutes or until soft, continuing to stir every 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat, serve and enjoy!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat1g
- Protein 1g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.