Summer may be officially over, but summer squash is still available! Make the most of this late season squash by pairing it with everyone’s favorite superfood, Kale! Top it all with a zesty and green parsley gremolata and you have yourself a winning dish. Make it at home for a healthy meal or bring it to the next dinner party you attend – that’s what I did, and it drew rave reviews!
Gremolata is a condiment or sauce made from chopped herbs, typically parsley with garlic and lemon juice.
- 1 large zucchini, cut into circles or half moons
- 1 large yellow squash, cut into circles or half moons
- 1 head of kale, stems removed, leave roughly chopped
- 2 big handfuls of parsley
- 2 cloves of garlic
- juice from 1 lemon
- sea salt and pepper
- Steam kale leaves in large skillet with small amount of water.
- Once Kale is wilted, add squash and zucchini to the pan and cook over medium heat until squash is just tender. Transfer to a bowl.
- Finely chop garlic and parsley and mix together adding lemon juice
- Dress kale and squash with parsley sauce.
- Serve warm or room temp.
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat0g
- Protein 10g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.