Not only does apple mix well with carrots, sweet potato and cinnamon in a juice but it also works as a delicious autumn or spring warm salad! I always love adding fruit to a salad, so here is a roasted fruit salad with the addition of the other roasted vegetables. This salad is a delicious plant-based meal on its own, or use it as a starter or side dish. Cinnamon has been shown to be beneficial for supporting healthy blood sugar levels and it helps reduce those junk-food cravings.
- 4 apples, cored and thickly sliced
- 2 large carrots, cut into sticks
- 1 large sweet potato, thickly sliced(with or without skin)
- Olive oil or coconut oil for baking
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 cup arugula (rocket)
- ½ red onion, sliced
For the dressing:
- 2 tsp white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbls olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C).
- Prepare and chop the apple, carrot and sweet potato
- Coat chopped fruit and vegetables in oil, cinnamon and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake prepared vegetables for 25 to 30mins or until they are cooked and beginning to brown.
- Combine the spinach, arugula, red onion and dressing up together in a bowl, then top with the roasted apples and vegetables.
Apple – Pear, beets, golden beets
Carrots – sweet potato, pumpkin
Sweet potato – winter squash, pumpkin
Spinach – Baby kale leaves, kale, any lettuce
Arugula – spinach, watercress
Red onion – yellow onion, spring onion
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Servings: 2 as a main dish, 4 as a side dish
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.