Pineapple is one of my favorite fruits because it’s sweet but it’s also packed with nutrients (here are 9 reasons to love pineapple as much as I do). Pineapples may help prevent colds and flus, reduce the discomfort of arthritis, support protein digestion, reduce unhealthy bacteria, enhance wound healing, bone health, digestive diseases, and they contain anti-inflammatory agents, and a range of other health nutrients including vitamin C, bromelain, potassium, manganese, vitamin A and some B vitamins. While we love it in our juices at Reboot, it’s also the perfect ingredient in this vegan pineapple whipthat can be enjoyed on its own or topped on your favorite dessert.
- 2 cups (280 g) frozen pineapple chunks
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 lime
- 1-2 tbsp pure maple syrup, to taste
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) coconut cream or milk
- Add all ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth or a little chunky if preferred.
- Serve immediately as a cold treat or top it on your favorite smart sweet.
Note: This works well with a little fresh mint if desired
- Pineapple – banana, apple, pears, kiwi
- Lemon – grapefruit
- Lime – lemon
- Honey – maple syrup, stevia
- Coconut cream – almond milk, cashew milk
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat3g
- Protein 1g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.