Who says you can’t eat bread if you want to be healthy? With these rolls, you absolutely can! These rolls are a great allergy alternative as they are egg-free, nut-free, gluten-free and dairy-free and they are also low in starchy carbohydrates and sugar while they are loaded with fiber and healthy fats. These also may be a great addition to any diet that needs high fiber foods to improve bowel health. They even taste like a regular healthy whole grain dinner roll without any additives that often accompany many pre-made rolls. Not to mention, these are super easy and quick to make.
- 3/4 cup (65 g) psyllium husks
- 3 tbsp flaxseeds (plus 2 tbsp for extra)
- 5 tbsp chia seeds
- 4 tbsp sunflower seeds (plus 2 tbsp for extra)
- 4 tbsp sesame seeds (plus 2 tbsp for extra)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup (70 g) coconut flour
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 1/4 cups (550 ml) water
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F (200 C). Line a large baking tray.
- In a high powdered blender, blend psyllium husks to a fine powder (45 seconds) then add the flaxseeds, chia seeds, sunflower and sesame seeds and blend again to a flour (30 seconds).
- Mix the psyllium seed mixture with the coconut flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl until well combined.
- Then mix in gently the extra flaxseeds, sunflower, sesame seeds then add the remaining wet ingredients and combine mixture well to form a dough.
- Take a handful of dough and mould into a ball and flatten slightly and sprinkle with extra sesame seeds for decoration and place on the baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 25 – 30 minutes or until cooked.
Note: These can be stored in an air-tight container in the fridge or frozen.
- Sunflower seeds – pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds
- Sesame seeds – pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds
- Flaxseeds – 3 tablespoons for 3 eggs
- Coconut oil – grass-fed ghee, olive oil
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat3g
- Protein 5g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.