Just back from our local farmer’s market and harvesting veggies from our backyard garden with a bounty of juice-worthy ingredients. This week’s bag of goodies reminds me of my favorite Mediterranean recipes. I love Mediterranean cuisine, which happens to be one of the healthiest on the planet!
Looking for a simple, 5-ingredient juice that’s also budget friendly? Savory juices can be a big hit for those looking for less sweetness in their glass. This veggie-heavy example fits well within the 80/20 Rebooting guidelines for a lower sugar juice that’s also high yield and perfect for anyone with a thyroid condition looking to limit raw cruciferous vegetables in their juice.
For more thyroid-friendly recipes, download our Thyroid Diet App for iOS. It also contains meal plans and tips to live well with hypothyroidism. Or, sign up for our next 60-Day Guided Reboot for Thyroid — the program will help you gain the independence and knowledge to manage your condition with your health care team, and have the power to advocate for your wellness.
- 1 red pepper, seeded
- 1 tomato
- 1 lemon, peeled (optional)
- 1 cucumber
- 4 sprigs oregano
- pinch sea salt (optional)
- Wash all produce well
- Cut off stem of red pepper and remove seeds
- Peel lemon if desired, or if the lemon isn’t organic
- Slice cucumber and tomato to fit your juicer
- Juice all ingredients, wrapping oregano around cucumber to get best yield. Juice stems with oregano for maximum flavor.
- Garnish with oregano leaves, lemon slice and pinch of Himalayan or sea salt.
Red pepper: Green pepper, yellow/orange pepper, sweet potato
Tomato: radish, beet, sweet potato
Lemon: lime, fennel
Cucumber: celery, zucchini
Oregano: basil, thyme, parsley
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 5 minutes
Servings: 1, 16 ounce (500 ml)
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.