Savory Sweet Potato Soup
Fill up on these Top 5 Rainbow Colors of the Veggie World
1.) Delicata Squash
2.) Kale(Tuscan cabbage)
3.) Sweet Potato
4.) Beets (Beetroot)
5.) Purple cabbage
One of the best ways to eat more veggies (besides juicing!) is to add them to a soup. The combination of sweet potatoes, celery, garlic, and onion make this soup a hearty and healthy meal.
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 4 celery stalks
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 chopped onion (save ¼ for the seasoning)
- ¼ cup earth balance (vegan butter) or coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp. fresh sage
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Water, to cover the veggies
- Prep your veggies (watch the episode to find out how!).
- Add all veggies and garlic and earth balance or coconut oil to large pot.
- Cover the ingredients with water.
- Cook until tender, about 15 – 20 minutes.
- While cooking, sauté ¼ of your chopped onion in pan with fresh sage.
- When soup is done, use Immersion Blender to combine your soup ingredients, or use a regular blender.
- Season with onion and sage and salt and pepper and serve!