One of the best ways to eat more veggies (besides juicing!) is to add them to a soup. The combination of sweet potatoes, celery, garlic, and onion make this soup a hearty and healthy meal.
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 4 celery stalks
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 chopped onion (save ¼ for the seasoning)
- ¼ cup earth balance (vegan butter) or coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp. fresh sage
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Water, to cover the veggies
- Prep your veggies (watch the episode to find out how!).
- Add all veggies and garlic and earth balance or coconut oil to large pot.
- Cover the ingredients with water.
- Cook until tender, about 15 – 20 minutes.
- While cooking, sauté ¼ of your chopped onion in pan with fresh sage.
- When soup is done, use Immersion Blender to combine your soup ingredients, or use a regular blender.
- Season with onion and sage and salt and pepper and serve!