This dish is a cold weather staple. Enjoy it as an appetizer, a side, a main dish or even as an addition to your salads!
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil, plus more for dressing at the end
- 1/4 cup vegan parmesan cheese (or regular high-quality parmesan if you prefer)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Dash of fresh chilies
- Sprinkle of pumpkin seeds
- Sprinkle of lemon zest and squeeze of lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425 F/ 218 C.
- Cut off the top and bottom of the butternut squash.
- Remove the skin by peeling or using a sharp knife. Make sure you peel off any green or white parts, you only want to see orange.
- Chop squash into cubes and toss with olive oil.
- Add to a baking rack on a baking sheet so the squash is cooked evenly all around.
- Season with salt, pepper and vegan parmesan cheese.
- Cook for 20 – 25 minutes, or until golden brown, crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
- Remove from oven then sprinkle on chilies, pumpkin seeds, olive oil, lemon zest and juice just before serving.