Summer Sunshine Juice – Recipe of the Week
Wake up to a refreshing, light, tropical blast of immune-supporting Vitamin C to get your day started right! This summery juice is also full of electrolytes like potassium. On a hot day it’s important to replenish fluids and electrolytes to stay healthy and prevent dizziness or muscle cramps.
1 1/2 cups pineapple
1” piece of ginger
4 oz coconut water (fresh or unflavored)
- Cut rind away from pineapple then chop into cubes and measure.
- Peel orange
- Cut ginger
- Juice pineapple, orange and ginger.
- Add coconut water to juice
Pour over ice
Makes 1 serving (16 oz)
Prep time: 10 minutes
**Fun tips for using the whole pineapple**
1. Save the top of the pineapple to use as a brush on your skin. The pineapple “brush” is thought to have healing properties – whether it’s from the natural abrasive or exfoliant actions or the anti-inflammatory phytonutrients, like bromelain, found in this fruit, your skin will be radiant and cuts or minor abrasions may heal even faster!
2. Create a pineapple “paintbrush” for fun art projects using the rough top of the fruit.