Steamed greens with tamari, chili and fresh garlic is my go-to option when I want something light and easy. You can have these greens as a side dish at lunch or dinner — this dish is low in calories, high in micronutrients and plant compounds and will satisfy you quickly.
- 1 large bunch of asparagus, ends removed and chopped in half
- 1 broccoli, cut up into segments
- 1 large zucchini, sliced into thick strips
- 1 Tbsp of tamari
- 2 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup of hemps seeds
- 1 fresh chili, chopped (optional)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Steam the greens for 5 minutes, or until cooked to your liking. (Try not to overcook.)
- Place the vegetables on a platter and sprinkle the remaining ingredients over the greens.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Asparagus – green beans, snow peas
Broccoli – kale, cabbage, swiss chard
Zucchini – carrot, spinach, squash
Hemp seeds – pepitas, sunflower seeds, pinenuts
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Servings: 2-4 servings
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.