When the craving for a chocolate milkshake comes on strong, make this smoothie to stop you in your tracks! This is an ideal alternative to consuming a sugar laden sweet treat, that will satisfy your sweet tooth and also add nutrients into your day. You can hide many vegetables in this shake to entice and increase your vegetable intake, especially for the kiddies in your family. It can also be a great way to start introducing natural wholefood smoothies. You can add less liquid to create a thicker consistency for a thick shake, or if you prefer you can add extra chocolate and banana and less almond milk for an easy snickers ice cream!
- 1 cup (250 ml) almond milk
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp peanuts or peanut butter
- 1-2 dates
- 1 large handful of ice
- 1 handful of leafy greens
- 1 tsp coconut oil (optional)
- 1 scoop of Reboot with Joe Protein Powder or other vegan protein powder (optional)
- Wash all produce well.
- Remove pit from date
- All all ingredients to blender and blend on high for 45 – 60 seconds until smooth.
- Banana – avocado
- Cacao – carob, cacao nibs
- Peanut Butter – almond, macadamia butter or cashew butter
- Date – 1 tsp honey, maple syrup
- Almond milk – coconut water, coconut milk, hazelnut milk, rice milk, hemp milk
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat3.5g
- Protein 20g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.