Since I’m one of the Guided Reboot coaches I’m consistently working with my Rebooters to make sure they have enough healthy eating options to enjoy once their Reboot comes to an end. I came up with this healthy and delicious baked apple dessert for a group who had a sweet tooth! The golden delicious apples are packed with fiber and vitamin C. This dish is sprinkled with blood pressure-lowering cinnamon and topped with protein-rich almonds and slightly sweetened cranberries.
You can make this dessert for a quick and easy addition to any meal. You can also change the fruit to peaches or add mangoes to mix it up.
- 2 red apples ( I used golden delicious but any variety will work)
- 1 1/2 tbsp (20 ml) dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 tbsp (20 ml) almonds
- Dash of cinnamon to dust the apples
- Preheat oven to 375 F/190 C.
- Wash and slice apples.
- Place sliced apples into an oven-safe dish.
- Sprinkle almonds, cranberries, and cinnamon over the apples.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until apples are soft.
- Remove from oven, let cool, and enjoy!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat0g
- Protein 1g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.