Costly skincare and beauty products are a luxury item, but many of us will do a lot and pay a lot for healthy, clear and glowing skin. We pay, primp and pamper our skin with the hopes that these products and formulas work. But when it comes to skincare, many of us miss one crucial step…exfoliation!
Exfoliating supports your other skincare products while promoting youthful and glowing skin. This weekly habit helps gently remove the dead, hard, keratinized cells on the surface of our skin to reveal more soft, smooth and youthful cells below. These fresh cells not only appear more youthful but they are better able to absorb the lotions, potions and products we apply everyday to our skin.
Be careful though: You don’t want to scrape your skin away. Exfoliating is not just about finding the grittiest paste to pulverize your skin but rather using a gentle approach and making it a weekly routine. Consistency is key! Try adding this Hydrating Exfoliant Balm into your weekly routine to gently and effectively reveal bright, beautiful and happy skin.
Why This Balm Works
Baking soda is a pantry staple that works as a gentle exfoliant to effectively remove the top layer of older cells without insulting the new, fresh cells below. Manuka honey, or any variety of honey, moisturizes the skin and promotes smoothness. Mix these two skin-loving pantry items together to create a luxurious exfoliating balm.
- 1 Tbsp baking soda
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- In a small bowl, combine baking soda and honey.
- Mix ingredients thoroughly until a they create uniform texture that has a thick, paste-like consistency.
- Wash face and rinse with warm water. Apply balm to clean, damp skin.
- Using a quarter-sized amount, gently apply to skin using circular motions covering your full face.
- Rinse with warm water and apply a toner followed by your favorite face oil or moisturizer.
- Use 1-2 times per week for best results.