This is a delicious autumn or spring salad! Roasted vegetables in a salad are delicious cold or warm. This salad contains baby kale leaves that are raw combined with roasted red kale leaves for a great crispy texture.
Nutrition information is based on 3 servings.
- 1 beet (beetroot)
- 2 parsnips
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 tbsp cold-pressed olive oil or coconut oil for baking
- 2 cups (approx. 2 handfuls) of baby kale (Tuscan cabbage) or chopped large leaves
- 6 red kale (Tuscan cabbage) leaves
- ¼ cup (35 g) pine nuts
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp caramelized balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F or 180 C.
2. Peel and chop the beets, sweet potato and parsnip.
3. Coat chopped vegetables and red kale in oil and season with salt and pepper.
4. Bake prepared vegetables for 30 mins or until they are cooked. Kale will take less time, approximately 15 mins. Cook kale until it is crispy.
5. Chop roasted kale.
6. Line a platter or individual bowls with baby kale leaves then top with roasted vegetables and roasted kale then sprinkle pine nuts on top. You can add the balsamic vinegar if you choose to. The oil and salt and pepper on the roasted vegetables can be enough.
- Beets – pumpkin, golden beets
- Parsnips – carrots, sweet potato, pumpkin
- Sweet potato – winter squash, pumpkin
- Baby kale leaves – kale, spinach leaves
- Red kale – kale
- Pine nuts – any nut can be used
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
Servings: 2 - 4
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat2g
- Protein 8g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.