Broccoli is loaded with fiber, vitamins C and A, sulfur-based compounds and more that are great for our health, and what’s better? Broccoli is such a diverse veggie and you can use it in so many different types of recipes, yes, even juices like this Oh Sweet Broccoli Juice. I made this recipe this past long July 4th weekend as a healthy side for a barbecue. It’s versatile and can be served both hot and cold and is delicious either way. Additionally, the shallot and garlic add some extra flavor and punch and because the broccoli is oven-roasted, it has a crispier texture and is oh-so-delicious!
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped into florets
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 450 F (230 C).
- Wash and prepare broccoli and chop the shallot and garlic and garlic.
- Add the garlic, shallot and broccoli to a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper then toss lightly before putting into the oven.
- Allow the broccoli to cook for about 40-45 minutes or until crispy and stir the broccoli around on the pan every 15 minutes or so to help prevent it from burning.
- When the broccoli is finished cooking, remove from the oven and allow to cool for 2-5 minutes before eating or storing to eat later on.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat0.5g
- Protein 4g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.