Blue yams are an all-time favorite of mine. They’re sweet and tasty and I find they’re less starchy than other potatoes. Sweet potatoes and yams in general are loaded with the electrolyte potassium and vitamins A & C as well as manganese. These blue yams, due to their color, are a rich source of antioxidants, particularly anthocyanins that are anti-inflammatory. Enjoy these super easy, delicious yams as a part of a meal or for a snack on their own.
- 4 blue yams, peeled and cut into ½” slices
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- pinch of sea salt
- mixed, herbs and spices — I used dill, oregano, basil, garlic
- Preheat oven to 450 F (230 C).
- Wash and scrub yams, then dry and slice.
- Place sliced yams on a cookie sheet, and then add olive oil and herbs and spices.
- Massage the oil and spices evenly throughout the cut yams on the sheet.
- Place the cookie sheet in the oven, flip potatoes after 10-15 minutes and then do so again after another 10 minutes.
- Remove yams after about 30 minutes in the over, they should have a slightly golden brown color.
- Serve and enjoy.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Servings: 4 - 6
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat1g
- Protein 2g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.