For everyone celebrating the holidays, we hope you are having a happy, healthy and safe day! As a little treat to you and a reminder that you can indulge in a few sweets without going overboard, we’re sharing a new holiday favorite — the Raw Snowman Family. They are delicious, simple, cute and healthier than the sugar cookies that you maybe left out for Santa last night.
Happy Holidays from our Reboot family to yours!
- 1 3/4 cups (450 g) ground raw cashews or use cashew pulp from your homemade cashew milk when you made your egg nog
- 1/4 cup (60 g) shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup (200 g) ground raw oats
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) coconut oil
- pinch of Himalayan salt, or more to taste
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs
- 1 small carrot or orange bell pepper (capsicum)
- 1 small bunch of rosemary sprigs
- If using fresh cashews, grind them up with the raw oats in a food processor or blender.
- Place all cookie dough ingredients (not including the cacao nibs, carrot, and rosemary) into a large bowl and mix with a spoon.
- Mix until a dough forms.
- Roll dough into balls the size of snowman you prefer. We made some larger than others but found the smaller ones were easier to manage.
- Roll the shaped balls into the shredded coconut.
- Place balls on top of each other (the larger ones on the bottom), then use a tooth pick to stick down the center to keep the balls in place.
- Place the snowmen in the fridge for at least 30-45 minutes until slightly firm.
- Add cacao nibs for eyes and their buttons and use a knife to shape a nose out of the carrot or orange bell pepper.
- Remove the rosemary leaves from the sprigs and stick into their side for arms.
- Serve and enjoy! It’s okay if someone eats their heads!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes (in the fridge)
Total time: 45
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat5g
- Protein 5g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.