Lately I’ve been experimenting with new baking recipes. Most often I find that I’m trying to cook lower-carb, higher protein items so that although they taste totally sinful, in nutritional profile they’re actually not so bad and they contain plenty of health-promoting nutrients — like this banana bread! Serve this banana bread as a part of breakfast or as a snack or dessert. If you are vegan, I recommend trying our Vegan Banana Walnut Muffins that use flax eggs instead of real eggs.
- 3 bananas
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup (60 g) coconut flour
- 1/3 cup (110 g) coconut butter, softened
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- dash of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425 F (218 C).
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or processor, or mix well together in a bowl until well combined.
- Pour batter into one 8″ x 8″ square baking pan or two bread pans.
- Cook in oven for 25-30 minutes or until top is lightly browned and the center isn’t gooey (check with a fork or knife!).
- Remove from oven, and allow to cool before cutting and serving.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat6g
- Protein 4g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.