I came up with a DELICIOUS kale salad, perfect for this time of year: Citrus Kale Salad.
This really was so refreshing and tasty! Besides the health-appeal of this salad, the other thing that makes it so special is that it keeps super well. It does NOT get wilted like other types of lettuce and spinach in salads. The kale stays crisp and bouncy. This salad was just as good 3 days later as it was on its original debut.
- 3 large leaves of kale (no stems)
- 1/2 a lemon (juice only)
- 1/2 an apple, diced
- 1/2 an orange bell pepper (capsicum), diced
- 1/4 cup pineapple, diced
- 1/4 cup of smashed sea-salt almonds
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- Cut kale into small pieces.
- Squeeze half a lemon over the kale pieces and toss in diced apples, peppers and pineapple.
- Combine the olive oil and orange juice in separate bowl until well combined and then drizzle over the salad.
- Toss lightly then sprinkle almonds on top.
Read the pull post on Nosh and Nourish.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat1g
- Protein 9g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.