We’re all loving more turmeric lately and now there’s a delicious, simple way to add it to your diet on a daily basis. These gummies are an easy way to include the anti-inflammatory health benefits of turmeric and ginger in the diet regularly. In this recipe I’ve included the health benefits of pineapple juice as a natural sweetener which has natural anti-inflammatory properties along with the medicinal health benefits of turmeric and ginger. This is a great homemade supplement that you can consume for arthritis, gut health, skin conditions, liver health and mood. Each gummie provides approximately 300 mg of turmeric per gummie if served into 30-32 gummies; 2-3 per day will be enough for the beneficial health benefits. The black pepper and coconut oil have been added to improve the absorption and utilization of the curcumin compounds.
- ½ pineapple (should make 2 cups of juice)
- 1 inch (2 cm) piece of ginger
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 5 tbsp grassfed gelatine (can use agar if preferred)
- Juice the pineapple and ginger in a juicer.
- On low to medium heat, slowly heat the pineapple and ginger juice on the stove in a saucepan and add in the turmeric powder, black pepper, coconut oil and honey to taste for approximately 5 minutes.
- Once this has heated, whisk in the gelatine powder until it is combined well.
- Then pour into silicon moulds or a pyrex dish and refrigerate for approximately 2-3 hours.
- Push out gummies or slice up gummies into squares and remove with a blunt knife.
- You can store these for 7-10 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Pineapple – apple, pear
- Honey – maple syrup, rice malt or stevia
- Gelatine – agar agar
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 2 hours (in fridge)
Total time: 2 hours, 10 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat1g
- Protein 2g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.