I had some leftover beets from the recent Pink Power Juice. If you missed it, be sure to go back and take a look — it was so delicious! Introducing Chili Roasted Beet Chips.
So I sliced the beets very thinly, tossed them in olive oil and some Thai chili garlic (among other things), and baked them into spicy, beautiful, crispy bites. Here’s what they looked like going in to the oven.
You better believe my fingers were pink! But it was so worth it. Next time I think I’ll add in slices of sweet potato to intermix with the beets. YUM!
- 1 beet, thinly sliced (beetroot)
- 2 tsp olive oil or coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 tsp chili powder (or make your own chili garlic paste, and use less or more depending on desired spice level)
- Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C).
- Thinly slice the beet.
- Toss slices in olive oil.
- Stir in other ingredients until fairly evenly coated.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flipping them over halfway through.
- Make sure they’re crispy but not burned!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat0.5g
- Protein 3g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.