- 2 bunches Collard Greens (Australia: Cabbage Leaves), ribs removed and chopped (about 2 lbs.)
- 1 1/2 tsp Garam Masala*
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 4 tbsp Grape Seed Oil or Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Mustard Seed Oil
- 1 tsp Sea Salt or Himalayan Salt
- 6 tbsp fresh Cilantro, chopped (Australia: Coriander)
- Heat a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Add the garam masala and turmeric and heat until fragrant, about 2 minutes, stirring to make sure that the spices do not burn.
- Add both oils to the pan, stirring to make sure that the spices and oils completely mix.
- Add the collard greens and salt and toss to coat in the oil.
- Cover the pan and cook until the greens are wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and mix in the chopped cilantro.
- *Garam Masala: Store bought or as follows.. 2 tbsp each cumin, coriander and cardamom seeds, 1 tsp. whole Cloves2 tbsp Black Peppercorns 1 small stick Cinnamon
- Grind all ingredients in a spice grinder or mortar and pestle.
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat4g
- Protein 11g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.