2-10-2013 * 267.4lbs * Reboot Journal

New Home Page Community Group Reboots 2-10-2013 * 267.4lbs * Reboot Journal

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  The Juice At Home Mom 1 year, 8 months ago.

jdbowers86
Participant

Ok. This is going to serve a little as a daily guide and progress report and really for anyone else that is interested in how things are going or just to get an idea to see how things work.

This is my first time juicing and im very excited at the potential it brings for weight loss and overall general health. Ive been terrible the past 5 years or so with over eating and always saying, “ehh, ill take this weight off soon, its only a little bit.” Well, little did I know that I was destroying my body, confidence, self esteem, family and social life because with each passing day my weight snuk up further and further until I was sitting at an even 300 pounds. Ive changed some of my habits as of late and have gotten myself down to about 267 pounds. I want to finish with juicing though. My goal weight is roughly 180-190 pounds.

I watched Fat, Sick, Nearly Dead a few nights ago and have been hooked with the idea ever since. My juicer just came from Amazon yesterday and ive just started my journey today. Its the Breville JE98XL Juice Fountain Plus.

Ive seen people make three different juices for the whole day but im not going to go that route. Im going to make one juice, but enough for the whole day. Instead of making multiple juices and having to tear down the juicer three different times for cleaning, ill just make one batch for the day and be done. Any recipe you find online or elsewhere, all you do is triple it if it is for one serving. I went and bought a Rubbermaid 2 liter air tight jug that I can store the leftover juice in for the remainder of the day and its nice because it can also be drank from and the juice can be shook right in the container if the juices separate.

Todays Recipe: I really liked the taste of this and I will be making it again!
Rating – ****

-Mean Green- (Variation)
4 Apples
2 Cucumbers
2 Handfuls of Spinach
7 Stalks Kale
2 Lemons

So to sum up here are some fast facts:
1. START DATE – 2-10-2013
2. START WEIGHT – 267.4
3. GOAL WEIGHT – 180.0

[/url]
Author Posts
Author Posts

Good luck, jdbowers. I am very interested to see how the one juice per day thing works for ya. I could maybe do that for two main meals but I personally crave variety. My husband though, he could drink or eat the same thing, every single day so this one juice a day option might be helpful for him, especially since he works outside of the home and doesn’t have access to a juicer while at work. I look forward to watching your progress. I start my fast in 3 days.

Good luck!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

jdbowers86
      Participant

Thanks Teela. I understand having the variety throughout the day but im pretty busy and dont have the ability to setup, juice, and tear down and clean three times a day. So usually the night before or in the morning ill make the whole batch and im good to go for the rest of the day! If it turns out that im not a fan of the recipe then ill just suck it up and scratch that off the list haha! So if youre strapped for time or just dont want to clean the machine multiple times a day then I think going the one type of juice a day route is beneficial in more ways than one! Good luck to you when you start as well!!!

[/url]

Oh yeah! And I am sure that once I find my go-to juices, I am going to use this, especially for the times when I am out and don’t really have access to my juicer. I have 3 small children so taking my juicer with me everywhere I go is not an option for me. Lol! Please be sure to share your favorite recipes! This is my favorite recipe so far: http://my40dayjuicefast.blogspot.com/2013/02/lipsmackin-green-limeade.html