I absolutely love cauliflower, especially when it’s roasted with healthy and nutritious herbs and spices, like this easy fennel seed roasted cauliflower. Fennel seed is naturally calming to the digestive tract and may also help to promote hormonal balance. Cumin seed is anther nutritional powerhouse, packed with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory rich nutrients that are also calming for the body. And cauliflower itself has natural detoxifying properties, digestive-healthy fiber and anti-cancer nutrients.
Although cauliflower and other cruciferous vegetables can be tough for some to stomach, these vegetables are typically easier tolerate when roasted. Enjoy this delicious recipe!
- 1 head cauliflower, florets separated
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fennel seeds
- 1 Tbsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Dash salt and pepper
- (optional) garnish with tarragon
- Preheat the oven to 400° Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and prepare the cauliflower, removing the florets from the stem.
- Lay the florets out onto the baking sheet and drizzle olive oil over the cauliflower. Then add the fennel seeds, cumin seeds, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Using your hands, mix the herbs and spices and olive oil with the cauliflower.
- Place the baking tray into the oven and cook for 30-40 minutes or until well roasted (cauliflower should be golden-brown), turning the cauliflower after 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven and garnish with tarragon if you so choose.
Serve and enjoy!
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Cook time: 40-50 minutes
Total time: 45-60 minutes
Servings: 3-4 servings
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.