We love to celebrate Father’s Day with a big family brunch. My husband and my father both love orange juice and I’ve made it my mission to switch them over to fresh squeezed only and off the heated, processed, sugar laden bottled variety at most grocery stores.
Orange juice is a great base for making a variety of juices. I added some green lettuce and anti-inflammatory compound rich pineapple, turmeric and ginger with some metabolism boosting lime for a tasty, tart juice that’s sure to make the special dad in your life feel great. Whether it’s to help boost his golf game, his next 5k run, or just simply move with less aches and pains, serving up a nutrient dense juice for Father’s Day is a wonderful way to show you care.
- 2 small oranges
- 2 handfuls chopped pineapple
- 1 inch ginger root
- 3 leaves romaine or green leaf lettuce
- Squeeze of lime
- Dash of ground turmeric and ginger
- Peel oranges.
- Core and chop pineapple.
- Cut lime in half and cut ginger root.
- Wash lettuce.
- Place oranges, pineapple, lettuce and ginger root in juicer.
- Pour into glass then squeeze lime and stir.
- Sprinkle the juice with a dash of ground turmeric and ground ginger.
- Oranges – grapefruit
- Pineapple – kiwi fruit
- Lime – lemon
- Ginger – lemon
- Turmeric – cayenne
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.