I love delicious and seasonal produce, like this delicata squash. Squash in general is seasonal — zucchini and summer squash seasonal to the summer and winter, acorn, butternut and delicata to the winter.
Squash is fantastic because it has healthy starch but is less starchy than a potato- and it’s also loaded with de-bloating and heart healthy potassium, along with sun-protective beta carotene and digestive healthy fiber. I hadn’t made delicata squash before this recipe, and was happy to find out it’s not only so easy but also tasty and delicious. Try making it and serve with your favorite entrée, or add to your favorite salad. Enjoy!
- 1 delicata squash, cut in half length-wise, seeds scooped out and sliced (as pictured)
- 1-2 tsp avocado oil
- Dash salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare the delicata squash as above (cut, scoop, slice) and lay the slices out on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle avocado oil on top of the squash along with the salt and pepper.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven and allow to cook for 20 or so minutes then flip the squash and allow to cook for another 15-20 minutes or until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve and enjoy!
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Servings: 2 servings
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.