Almonds + Oats + Coconut Oil + Dates = Pure Deliciousness
Treat yourself to the perfect combination of sweet and salty in these Raw Date Square Crumbles.
This recipe was adapted here.
- 1 1/2 cups (140 g) whole raw almonds
- 1 1/2 cups (225 g) regular oats
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 10 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup (4 oz/125 ml) coconut oil
- 25 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup (4 oz/125 ml) water
- Line a 8″ x 8″ pan with parchment paper. Blend the almonds, salt, and oats until a crumble forms.
- Add in the dates and process until crumbly again. Melt the coconut oil and add to the mixture and process until sticky.
- Remove from blender, set aside 3/4 cup of the mixture for later. Press the rest of the mixture very firmly and evenly into the pan.
- Next blend the dates and water in the blender until a paste forms. Scoop out the date mixture onto the crust and gently spread with the back of a wet spatula until even.
- Sprinkle on the 3/4 cup of mixture you set aside and gently press down with fingers. Refrigerate in the fridge until firm for at least 1 hour, but best to leave overnight. Cut into 25 squares and serve.
- Store in the fridge.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes
Total time: 70 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat2g
- Protein 2g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.