If you try to avoid dairy, eating yogurt parfaits doesn’t have to be a thing of the past. This quick, easy, gluten and dairy-free parfait is easy to make and so tasty. The crunchy part of the parfait is made using almonds instead of granola that offer a great source of anti-inflammatory properties and heart-healthy fats. The plain and unflavored coconut (or you can also use almond) yogurt are rich in probiotics that are good for your digestive and immune systems. And last but not least, the tiny but powerful berries are loaded with antioxidants.
If trying other dairy-free recipes is on your list of to-do’s, you’ll love our Dairy-Free Egg Nog and these Dairy-Free Ice Cream Sandwiches. If you’re wondering if you should steer clear of dairy, here are more reasons why.
- 1 cup (8 oz) plain coconut or almond yogurt
- 1/2 cup (75 g) almonds (or other nuts)
- 1/2 cup (75 g) blueberries or blackberries, or 4 – 6 large strawberries sliced (or a mix of all three!)
- dash cinnamon for garnish
- additional toppings like goji berries, cacao nibs or coconut flakes for garnish (optional)
- Using a blender or food processor, process the nuts into a meal (20-30 seconds).
- Line the bottom of the cup or dish with 1/2 the container of yogurt (you can also start with nut meal on the bottom)- equals about 4 oz.
- Add 1/2 of the nut meal on top of the yogurt (or if you started nuts down first, now add 1/2 yogurt- equals about 4 oz).
- Add 1/4 cup berries to each dish on top of the yogurt and nuts for garnish and flavor; You can also add extra toppings like cinnamon, goji berries, and cacao nibs.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate then serve.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Total time: 5 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat2.5g
- Protein 15g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.