If you’re a chip person (and even if you’re not) these are a great and healthy alternative to classic potato and other more-processed chips. Theses are tasty, easy to make and loaded with beneficial nutrients. For example, beets are a source of the anti-inflammatory compound anthocyanin, and also of heart-healthy potassium, and more. Have these chips as a snack with your favorite dip and you’ll be smiling from ear to ear.
- 4 beets (beetroot), peeled and sliced 1/4″ thick
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 450 F (230 C) and line a pan with parchment paper.
- Wash, peel and slice the beets, then in a bowl add the oil, salt and pepper and mix with hands.
- Place the beet slices on the baking sheet and place into the oven.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes then flip the slices over and place back into the oven for another 10-12 minutes.
- Once crispy, remove from oven and serve!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat1g
- Protein 2g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.