Vegetables in the brassica genus, including cruciferous vegetables, are densely packed with nutrients and flavor. These plant super stars contain unique phytonutrients responsible for helping the liver with detoxification. The sulfur containing compounds that lend the pungent flavor these veggies are famous for, are the parts of the plant with cancer fighting and immune supportive properties, which may even help to balance estrogen levels in the blood to be less tumor promoting. http://jointhereboot.com/cruciferous-vegetables-are-anti-cancer-foods/
This juice has a beautiful vibrant green color which also lets us know it is rich in health promoting properties. With 21 grams of protein, that’s the same amount as 3 oz of chicken, turkey, fish or red meat! It is a great choice for those looking to maintain muscle mass, manage hunger and blood sugar levels, and support an active lifestyle during their Reboot. Not only is this juice high in protein, it is high in iron (40% of your daily needs), calcium (60% of daily needs), anti-oxidants, Vitamin C, Vitamin A/Beta-Carotene, electrolytes, sodium, potassium, and magnesium. So drink up and your body will thank you!
- 2 broccoli stalks
- 1/2 head or 2 wedges green cabbage
- 6-8 leaves of kale (Australian tuscan cabbage)
- 1 organic granny smith apple
- 1/4 lemon (peeled)
- 1 in (2.5 cm) piece of fresh ginger root
- Wash all produce well.
- Cut to fit into chute of juicer.
- Juice kale first or between the apple and broccoli stalks to help pull more juice out of the softer greens.
- Juice, pour over ice and enjoy! (Tip: you can also include the broccoli florets in your juice or save those for a salad or another juice.)
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.