This is a fun and alternative chip. Avocado chips can be consumed with a guacamole, chile sauce or any sauce that you enjoy along with a salad. You can also have them as a side dish or appetizer. Use any spice mix in the breadcrumb mixture. Serve with a dipping sauce such as garlic aioli, tzatziki, chile sauce or guacamole.
- 4 avocados
- 1 cup of gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp of dried garlic
- ½ tsp of paprika
- ½ tsp of sea salt
- 1 tsp of chile flakes (or less)
- 4 Tbsp of coconut oil (melted)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Slice the avocado into thick pieces longways.
- Mix the breadcrumbs with the spices and salt in a bowl.
- Melt the coconut oil in a bowl.
- Dip the avocado in the coconut oil and then the breadcrumbs and coat well and place on the baking tray and repeat until all the avocado is crumbed.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown then serve immediately.
Gluten Free Breadcrumbs – regular breadcrumbs, almond meal
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Servings: 10-12 servings
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.