Kale is a seasonal and delicious summer green veggie. The versatile green goes well in smoothies, and also makes a great base for salads. This kale and tomato salad is fresh, filling and loaded with nutrients such as anti-inflammatory lycopene and quercitin. Plus, the mango and tomatoes provide vitamins A and C, and the olive oil and almonds contribute healthy, anti-inflammatory fats.
Try this salad as a main dish (just add in your favorite lean protein) or have it as part of any meal or snack. Enjoy!
- 4-5 kale leaves, stem removed and ripped (or chopped) into 1-2 inch squares
- 1/3 cup mango, chopped into cubes
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8-10 almonds
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- dash salt and pepper
- Prepare all ingredient: wash and dry the kale, then chop up the tomatoes and mango.
- Place salad ingredients into a large salad bowl or onto a serving plate.
- In a separate smaller dish mix together the salad dressing ingredients using a fork or whisk.
- Pour dressing over salad, then serve and enjoy!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
Servings: 1 serving
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.