This anti-aging salad is a delicious mixture of hot and cold ingredients, all with healthy nutrients as well. The vitamin C in the tomatoes and avocado is good for skin health because it’s a precursor to collagen that keeps elasticity in the skin. Avocado is also a source of skin-healthy biotin and monounsaturated fat that helps to hydrate the skin as well and is anti-inflammatory. Finally, the vitamin A in the tomatoes and parsnips is an antioxidant that helps to repair damage to the skin. (See my 10 favorite anti-aging foods.)
- 4 parsnips, roasted and chopped
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 avocado, cubed
- 1-2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Dash salt and pepper
- Wash and prepare ingredients.
- In a bowl combine together all ingredients and mix with a spoon, being careful not to mash the ingredients.
- Divide salad into two salad bowls and garnish with extra salt and pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
Servings: 2 servings
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.