When you’re feeling like a rich, creamy, and satisfying smoothie that’s not too heavy, this nutrient-packed blend might be exactly what you’re looking for. This smoothie is delicious, simple to make and is loaded with healthful nutrients. You can enjoy it as part of a meal or snack or have it on its own. You can also consider adding the Reboot with Joe Protein Powder or any plant-based protein for a post workout meal.
Here’s what this smoothie is packing:
- Potassium that’s heart-healthy from the banana and the spinach
- Calcium that is key for bone health from the spinach and the non-dairy milk (as long as it is fortified)
- Magnesium that acts as an electrolyte that also helps to promote muscle relaxation, and is key for bone and heart health from the nuts and spinach
- Anthocyanins (antioxidants) that can promote anti-inflammation from the goji berries
- Soluble fiber that’s heart-healthy from the oats
- 1 cup (250 ml) almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp almond butter (or other nut butter)
- 1 tbsp oats
- 1 tbsp goji berries
- 1 handful of spinach
- Wash all produce well.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on high for 45-60 seconds or until well mixed.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat1g
- Protein 8g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.