Instead of hot chocolate, let your kids warm up to this warming “milk” shake when they are finished playing in the snow. The cardamom in this shake is refreshing to the mind and the body and also for treating respiratory infections such as cough and cold. It’s great for digestion and keeps the body warm.
- 1 cup (8 oz/250 ml) fresh almond milk
- 1/2 vanilla bean (split open)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- pinch of cardamom
- pinch of sea salt
- Blend almond milk with dates, spices and vanilla bean.
- Simmer on low with cinnamon stick. Do not boil.
- Serve warm and top with more cinnamon.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat0g
- Protein 1g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.